"Libraries: Here is where people, one frequently finds,
lower their voices, and raise their minds."
The prime purpose of a library is to provide access to knowledge and information. To fulfill this mission, libraries preserve a valuable record of culture. Then they pass down this to the coming generations. Therefore, they are an essential link between the past, present and future. Libraries help the students to develop good reading and study habits. Public officials use libraries for research and public issues. The libraries provide information and services that are essential for learning and progress. Auxilium College Library was established in 2007. Stocking over 10550 books and 21printed journals and Magazines are available. It has computerized circulation service and provided with OPAC facility to know the availability of the documents (books etc.). DIGITAL LIB Open-Source Software used for issuing and returning of book. The Institutional Repositories is also provided with digitalized Question Papers etc. DELNET (Online Journals) and e-books facility is provided to the users.
- The Digital section is fitted with 12 computers for accessing digital resources available in the form of CDs, DVDs and also to access online resources.
- In the year 2016, Book Bank Section of the library was established.
- The automation process was started in the year 2018.
- The Barcode Technology was introduced in the year 2018.
- Wi-Fi Facility is available from 2019 onwards.
- Web OPAC-online search facility was launched on 2020.
- CCTV facility is available form 2017 onwards.
For immediate reference by staff, students and research scholars all the Departments have departmental libraries. Books from the Central Library have been transferred to the Departments depending on requirements.
||NAME OF THE STAFF
|1.||Ms. S. Porutchelvi||B.Sc, M.Lis||Librarian|
|2.||Ms. Vijayakumari||M.Sc., M.Lis||Librarian|
||Types of Documents
|6.||CD and DVD||155|
Library Working Hours
|Monday to Friday||8.00 am – 5.00 pm|
|Saturday||9.30 am - 1.00 pm|
|2nd Saturday and Sunday||Holidays|
|All Government Holidays are closed|
||No. of Books
|1||Faculty Members||10||One Year up to 30th June|
|2||Students UG||2||7 Days|
|3||Students PG||3||10 Days|
|4||Non-Teaching Staff||5||One Year up to 30th June|
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Renewal can be done on the due date.
- Books have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books will be renewed if there are no reservations.
- Users are requested to verify the physical condition of the book/s before borrowing.
- For late return of books, overdue charges will be collected as per rules in force.
- Users are requested to collect receipt for fine amount paid by them.
- The library is open to all the members of the college on every working day from 8.30 am to 5 pm. Students should visit the library frequently and do intelligent reading and reference work without neglecting general reading.
- All the students, Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff of College are members of the library.
- Identity Card is compulsory for entry into the Library.
- Membership Identity Cards are not transferable and ID holders would be responsible for the books issued against the ID.
- Issue of books to the UG students for 7 days, research scholars for 10 days and faculty members for 90 days.
- Renewal of books will be allowed once, if that book is not on demand.
- The fine will be charged for an overdue book is Rs.2/- per day.
- Underlining, scribing and tearing of pages or any other type of damaging of books/ journals is strictly prohibited.
- Library is the place for study. No Student is allowed to eat, drink or speak inside the library. If student behaves differently, he/she will be sent out and appropriate action will be taken against the student.
- During the Students library hours, one faculty member should present in the library
to watch students and keep them silent.
- For Loss of book, the book should be replaced, if copy is not available the latest cost of the book with 10% of cost as processing fee to be paid.
- Readers are requested not to replace the book / journals after use on the racks.
- Strict silence, decorum and cleanliness should be maintained in the library.
- Using of mobile phone is strictly prohibited.
- Do not keep valuable things/ important documents in property counter; the library is not responsible for such articles kept inside the bags.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, FIRE, DUST, INSECT, etc.
- No outside / personal books are allowed in the library for reading purpose.
- The librarian has all rights to recall the issued books if required
- Digital Library
- Internet Access
- Smart Room Facility
- Video Conferencing
- Conference Hall
- Sound system on very floor
Library Advisory Committee
|Rev .Sr .Dr.P.Selvarani||Chairperson ( Head of the Institution )|
|Ms. S.Porutchelvi||Coordinator ( Librarian )|
|Rev .Sr.Dr.M.Sebasti Jeya Pushpam||Member ( 2 Senior Faculty Member )|
|Dr. S. Sumathi||Member ( 2 Faculty Member )|
|X.Rency||Student Representative 2 Nos.|
Library Facilities & Services
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- E-Resources accessibility
- Book Bank
- User Awareness Programme
- Reference Service
- Question Bank
- Display of New Arrivals
- Discussion Room Facility