The Department of Physics shares the top position on the chronological list of programmes started. The Department was established in 2008, when the College itself was revived, offering only the Pre-University course. The Under-Graduate Programme (B.Sc. Physics) was started in 2010. Since its inception, the Department has all the basic infrastructural facilities like laboratories, fully equipped with basic amenities and instruments required. Sensing and responding to the ever-growing demands, the Department became a full-fledged P.G. Department in 2016.The Department has a modern laboratory including special purpose mini-labs, hardware lab and operating systems and networking lab to serve the teaching faculty and students of the Department.
The ever-increasing rush for admission to the Department clearly shows the academic reputation of the Department. The Department helps students of other related disciplines also to undertake project works, especially in electronics and non-conventional energy sources like solar energy and wind energy, nanotechnology, thin film techniques
- To provide a transformative learning and research ambiance with inclusion of all the weaker sections of the society for women.
- To create leaders and innovators tide with holistic values to generate new knowledge and serve globe.
- To provide quality education ,environment to students in a multifarious learning process
- To develop future generations into great creators and talented trainers in this field.
- To transform students knowledge, context, temporal situations and to set learning goals and achieve them.
- Periodical course revision to current state of fields in physics learning.
- Individual apparatus to enhance experimental skill with well equipped special laboratories and workshop assistance are provided for different programs.
- For integral formation, assistance and guidance to individual student, faculty members are assigned as mentors for the entire program of stay.
- Creating projects for boost the department as a core of excellence. And implementing quality plans for elevate the sector for incessant improvement.
- Encouraging and guiding students to become optimistic, intelligence and perfectionist.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide standard education in various streams along with inoculating leadership qualities among the students with well academic growth by persistent benefits of modern teaching processes.
- To encourage the students to become achievers by undertaking training program in various forms.
- To enhance intellectual, computational, experimental, communication and analytical skills of the students.
- B.Sc., Physics
- M.Sc., Physics
E – Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
||NAME OF THE STAFF
|1.||Dr. P. Deepa||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|2.||Ms. M. Rajamani||M.Sc., M.Phil||Assistant Professor & Head|
|3.||Dr. M. Anbarasi||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.||Assistant Professor|
|4.||Ms. P. Punitha||M.Sc., M.Phil||Assistant Professor|
|5.||Ms. D. Jonshi||M.Sc., M.Phil||Assistant Professor|
|6.||Ms. T. Anusiya||M.Sc., M.Phil||Assistant Professor|
- Mentoring and Counselling the students through meetings once in a month and seminar once in a semester
- Practical Examples are teaching
- Taking special classes for slow learners
- Internal assessment and Unit test will be given to the students
- Special coaching and assignments given to the students ap[art from the college timings
- Communicative classes arranged for slow learners to improve their skills by reading magazine and videos
||NAME OF THE FACULTY
|1.|| SANGEETHA M||View |
|2.|| STEFFI FLORA J||View |
|3.|| PUNITHA P||View |
|4.|| SANGEETHA R||View |
|5.|| PERIYANAYAKI M||View |