The Department of Commerce was introduced in Auxilium College in the year 2008 with an initial sanctioned strength of 60 in the UG Course. In the year 2014 M.COM course was started with an intake capacity of 35 students. During the first few years of establishment, the Department was under the care of Mrs. Safina Head of the Department of Commerce. There was Two Assistant Professor of Commerce to handle Commerce classes. College was affiliated by the Bharathidasan University. At present 7 Faculties and 180 Students in the Commerce Department. It keeping in view the changing needs, has been organizing workshops, seminars and other Certificates programs for the benefit of teaching fraternity in the Department, as well as for teachers and students in the Department
- Academic excellence: Our primary objective is to enable every student to cope up with the latest developments in contemporary, national and global level through effective transaction of the curricular and co-curricular aspects.
- Professional Excellence: The department motivates molds and prepares the students for positions of leadership in business organizations at the local, national and international levels. The capacity building of our graduates to assume productive roles are emphasized during their stay in the college and to inculcate the habit of lifelong learning. The ultimate objective is to produce commerce graduates who possess the skills, problem solving tools and professionalism essential for being successful.
- Total Commitment: The department is focused on the all-round development of the students’ personality through proper education and exposure to the vast treasure of knowledge; sports facilities and by providing platforms for their socialization.
- Socially responsible Citizen: The Department inculcates a sense of civic responsibility, social commitment, and moral accountability among the students through social activities..
- Value-based Development: To impart quality and need based education our objective is to sensitize the students to their changing roles in society through awareness raising activities
Strengths of the Department
- Eco-Friendly Atmosphere
- Experienced Faculties
- Students Cooperation with Faculties
- Staff co-operation
- Skill Based Elective papers
- Fully furnished Class rooms and Staff room
- Desktop Computer with Wi-fi and Internet facility
- Classes for the Certificate Course offered by the Department held every year.
- As women are the future Pillars of the Society, the Commerce Club was started with an aim to provide necessary exposure to the students regarding Consumer opportunities.
- To undertake minor projects.
To be an institute of academic excellence with total commitment to quality education in Commerce, management and related fields, with a holistic concern for better life, environment and society.
- To build the conceptual foundation in areas of commerce
- To equip the students with accounting and entrepreneurial skills.
- To enhance management skills and analytical thinking for a successful career.
- To develop students for professional career in accounting, finance, research and higher education
- To build life skills through value based education and service oriented programs
||NAME OF THE STAFF
|1.||Dr. M. Julie||M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D||Head & Assistant Professor|
|2.||Ms. S. Juliet Sellammal||M.Com, M.Phil||Assistant Professor |
|3.||Ms. P. Rajakumari||M.Com, M.Phil||Assistant Professor |
|4.||Ms. K. Kodiyarasi||M.Com, M.Phil||Assistant Professor |
|5.||Ms. U.Leo Agnees||M.Com, M.Phil||Assistant Professor |
- Smart Class
- Role playing
- Value Education
- Prayers at the beginning and end of the day
- Value for each month
- Industrial visits
- Internship Training Programme
- Research for PG and Certificate Course
- Business related Newspaper cutting and Newspaper Reading
- Participation in various competitions and events
- Paper presentation
- Creative Writing
- Counselling For Weak Students
- Magazine Creation
- Final Year students are undertaking individual project to know the area of Social Science Research relevant to Banking, Insurance, Entrepreneur Development Programme, Retail Management titles.
- Regular Seminars are taken by the Students.
- Guest Lectures are conducted for the students from Banks/ Insurance Companies/ Legal Adivsors/ Professors according to their subject experts.
- Internship for the First and Second Year Students to gain practical knowledge from Banking Sector and Insurance Companies.
- Student Assisted Training for slow learners.
||NAME OF THE FACULTY
|3.||A.Anitha Janova||View |
|4.||S.Juliet sellammal||View |
|5.||S.Mary priteena||View |